[LLVMdev] Compile llvm-gcc fortran backend using mingw

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Tue Oct 18 00:13:42 PDT 2011

On 10/17/2011 05:39 PM, Albert Graef wrote:
> On 10/17/2011 02:00 PM, Duncan Sands wrote:
>> The 3.0 version does not require a patched gcc-4.5.  It also works with
>> gcc-4.6.  It does have its rough spots, but they were all inherited from
>> llvm-gcc, which has the same problems and many more besides.
>
> Thanks, that's very good news! I'll give it another go then.

Tried it, works great! The only downside is that you need to go through
LLVM assembler to generate bitcode, but that's not really a big issue.

Just FTR, Pure 0.48 (to be released today) now fully supports dragonegg
for its C/C++/Fortran inlining, along with clang and llvm-gcc. It's also
LLVM 3.0-ready, of course.

Duncan, thanks for your help,
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag