[LLVMdev] Compile llvm-gcc fortran backend using mingw

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Mon Oct 17 23:44:49 PDT 2011

On 10/18/2011 03:26 AM, NAKAMURA Takumi wrote:
> 2011/10/18 Albert Graef<Dr.Graef at t-online.de>:
>> Interesting, thanks for the information. Is that already available
>> somewhere, or are there any plans to release it along with LLVM 3.0?
>
> Not yet. I have to do;
>
> 1) Submit my patches to upstream gcc.
> 2) Let patches applied by distributors (mingw, tdm, and cygwin)
>
> X) Then, I could apply my tweaks :D

Takumi, thanks a lot for your work on this, I'm really looking forward
to it! Having dragonegg work with cygwin/mingw would be a real boon.

> Seek llvmdev with "dragonegg cygwin Takumi" ;)

Ah yes, it seems that I've missed that post back then.

> Unfortunately, I have little time to work on. Please be patient.

I understand that this involves a lot of work and getting these changes
accepted upstream will surely take its time, too. For the time being,
we'll just stick to LLVM 2.9 and llvm-gcc on Windows, no problem.

Thanks,
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikinformatik.uni-mainz.de/ag