[LLVMdev] Question about MCExpr and subclasses

Akira Hatanaka ahatanak at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 17:10:03 PDT 2011

I have a question about MCExpr and its subclasses defined in MCExpr.h.
I am trying to get Mips' direct object emission working.

Line 283 of MCElfStreamer.cpp reads like this:
00283   case MCExpr::Target: llvm_unreachable("Can't handle target exprs yet!");

Does this mean that if I use a subclass of MCTargetExpr to lower
MachineOperands to MCOperands, it won't work?
Currently, symbol operands are lowered to MipsMCSymbolRefExpr (a
subclass of MCTargetExpr) objects.