[LLVMdev] LLC ARM Backend maintainer

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Thu Oct 13 10:53:22 PDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Raja Venkateswaran
<rajav at codeaurora.org> wrote:
> I think we need a group of maintainers rather than a single maintainer given
> the spectrum of ARM targets/ISAs/platforms required to support

There have been a plethora of ARM Instruction Set Architecture
variants over the years.  Which ones do we expect LLVM to support
right now, and which as-yet unsupported ones do we wish to support?

Am I correct that ARM7TDMI is the oldest, slowest core still in use?

The Apple iPad 2 and iPhone 4S have the Apple A9 CPU, which I
understand is a dual-core Cortex A9.

The iPhone 4 and first-generation iPad have the Cortex A8.

Xcode gives on the option of targeting either the arm6 or arm7 ISAs,
with the recommended build being "Universal" in that the build is done
twice with both ISA variants built into the same executable.  I
understand older iPhones and iPod Touches support the arm6 but not
arm7.

Ever Faithful,

Don Quixote
--