[LLVMdev] Integer to string

Garrison Venn gvenn.cfe.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 04:46:16 PDT 2011

So by now you have already seen this, but just in case you have not:

Note that using the other stream headers (<sstream> for example) is not problematic in this regard — just <iostream>. However, raw_ostream provides various APIs that are better performing for almost every use than std::ostream style APIs. Therefore new code should always use raw_ostream for writing, or the llvm::MemoryBuffer API for reading files.

This is from: http://llvm.org/docs/CodingStandards.html#ll_iostream

Hope this helps

Garrison