[LLVMdev] ARM Qualification

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Wed Oct 12 13:04:32 PDT 2011

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at britannica.bec.de> writes:

> This is not what I was asking for. For GCC there are not only build bots
> and functional regression tests, but also regular runs of benchmarks
> like SPEC etc. Consider it a call for the community to identify useful
> real-world test cases to measure:

I don't disagree that some additional community testing like this would
be useful.  SPEC in particular would be nice as most people don't have
the resources to acquire their own copy and it would be helpful for
those folks to know when something has gone wrong.  SPEC is, justifiably
or not, pretty important to a lot of people.

If I had a personal copy of SPEC I'd set this up for people to use.  If
anyone wants to donate $$$ to make that happen, I'm all ears.  :)

However, the additional testing feasible for the LLVM community will
never come close to what's required for a production-level compiler.
The existing testbase does a very good job of keeping things pretty
stable.

                             -Dave