[LLVMdev] Enhancing TableGen

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Fri Oct 7 11:23:01 PDT 2011

Evan Cheng <evan.cheng at apple.com> writes:

> David, we cannot accept the 'multidef' keyword. Please revert it.

Working on it now.

> We appreciate you thinking ahead about MIC, but we are against the
> massive refactoring and complicated abstraction scheme. We'll never
> accept those patches.

How about a less massive and complicated scheme?  I think we can
make some good improvements to the current spec that will help
with the MIC work.

> Your proposed new TableGen functionalities are interesting but it is
> clearly not where the code owners want it to go.

Jakob at least seems interested in the for loop stuff.  Am I reading you
correctly, Jakob?  Having that feature would make a huge difference.

Frankly, the way things are with the x86 SIMD stuff is not scalable.
I'd like to clean some of that up, in an incremental way, of course.

                         -Dave