[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Release: Two Weeks 'Til 3.0 Branch

Tanya Lattner lattner at apple.com
Thu Oct 6 22:48:59 PDT 2011

On Oct 6, 2011, at 2:35 PM, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 04:45:33PM -0700, Bill Wendling wrote:
>> As of today, there are two weeks left until we branch for the 3.0
>> release. Please get your changes in as soon as possible so that they
>> are well-tested before the branch. And please keep on top of any failures you see.
>>
>> Now would be a good time to look through the bugzilla database to see
>> if there are any issues you can address. :-)
>
> Is there a list of potential branch blockers? E.g. PR 10912 is a
> crash-on-valid for Qt4 builds, which is kind of high profile.

First, PR10912 looks like it was fixed in June.

Second, we do not have branch blockers. We have release blockers which are defined in this document:
http://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html#release-qualify

Release blockers are fixed in TOT and the patches are applied to the branch.

If we had a larger set of volunteers that could help qualify releases AND buildbots to continuously test the new release criteria, then we are willing to expand this criteria. We haven't had a lot of volunteers step up in this area though.

-Tanya