[LLVMdev] ld crashes with invalid pointer on Ubuntu 11.04 x86 when linking libgcc_s.so

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Mon Oct 3 07:31:50 PDT 2011

I downloaded the source package for Ubuntu 11.04's ld - it's part of
binutils.  It's building right now with "-g" on the compile command
line, and with --prefix set to install in a subdir of my ~/LLVM
directory.

I've already tried enabling core dumps:

   $ ulimit -c unlimited

... but with the release ld that's included with Ubuntu I don't get
symbols.  Building with symbols will enable to debug the core file.

My guess is that we're linking so many shared libraries that ld
overflows a buffer or some such.
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
Dulcinea Technologies Corporation