[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.0 release notes

Joe Abbey jabbey at arxan.com
Mon Nov 28 07:20:38 PST 2011

Internal API changes mentioned the Type system changes twice... merging.  It should now read:

The biggest and most pervasive change is that the type system has been rewritten: PATypeHolder and OpaqueType are gone, and all APIs deal with Type* instead of const Type*. If you need to create recursive structures, then create a named structure, and use setBody() when all its elements are built. Type merging and refining is gone too: named structures are not merged with other structures, even if their layout is identical. (of course anonymous structures are still uniqued by layout).

Ok to commit?

Joe

Joe Abbey
Software Architect