[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.0 release notes

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Nov 27 14:44:17 PST 2011

The first draft of the LLVM 3.0 release notes now done, in llvm/docs/ReleaseNotes.html (the web page isn't autoupdating at the moment). Please take a look and make corrections or enhancements as you see fit.

There are still a few things that I need from specific people (marked with XXX's):
- BillW is writing a blog about exception handling.
- The llvm.expect intrinsic isn't documented in langref.
- Benjamin needs to write something about llvm-objdump and the dwarf parsing
- Michael is going to write something about object file parsing and llvm-size.
- Rafael/Sanjoy, please write a short blurb about segmented stacks linking to the 'docs' page.
- Jakob, you made the domain fixing pass target independent, it seems worth saying something about it, can you add a blurb?

Of course improvements and suggestions from anyone else are also more than welcome!

Once LLVM 3.0 is out the door, I plan to change how release notes are produced.

-Chris