[LLVMdev] Scheduler information

Ivan Llopard ivanllopard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:21:09 PST 2011

[LLVMdev] tag added, sorry for duplicated message.

Hi list,

Could someone help me to understand the internal data dependecy
structure used by the scheduler ?
As far as I can see in /lib/CodeGen/SelectionDAG/ScheduleDAGFast.cpp,
SUnit nodes are created to wrap SDNodes with scheduling related
information and SDeps represent all kind of dependencies between them.

Nevertheless, I cannot figure out the graphical form of such structure.
For example, in a simple SDep::Data dependency like the following one:

Node1: def reg1
Node2: use reg1

Is Node1 the predecessor of Node2 or viceversa ?

Regards,
Ivan