[LLVMdev] arm neon intrinsics cross compile error on windows system

James Molloy james.molloy at arm.com
Wed Nov 23 08:52:33 PST 2011

Hi,

> additionally, I also specified include dir of arm codesourcery latest
toolchain because of missing stdio.h and stdint.h .

I think this is your problem. Uint32_t is defined in stdint.h, and if you're
not using clang's stdint.h then all bets are off (int is the same size as
long on 32-bit x86, so it's perfectly reasonable for gcc's headers to define
int32_t as long).

Clang comes with stdint.h (but not stdio.h) - you should use clang's.

Cheers,

James

I just built the llvm using ms visual studio 2010 and ran the compile
command on windows default command console.
additionally, I also specified include dir of arm codesourcery latest
toolchain because of missing stdio.h and stdint.h .

Thanks and best regards,

Seung-yeon.

2011/11/23 Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info>

Hello

> In file included from helloneon.c:4:

d:/llvm_projects/llvm-3.0rc4/bin/../lib/clang/3.0/include\arm_neon.h:41:24:
> error: invalid vector element type 'int32_t' (aka 'long')

This looks weird, why int32_t is long? Are you using cygwin somehow?

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov