[LLVMdev] Suggestions for LLVM Developer's Conference 2012

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Mon Nov 21 07:54:51 PST 2011

On 11/21/11 4:04 AM, Chandler Carruth wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 1:41 AM, James Molloy <james.molloy at arm.com
> <mailto:james.molloy at arm.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi John,
>
>     While this is a good idea, wouldn’t it logistically take longer to
>     get the microphone to the person involved than for the presenter
>     to repeat the question?
>

> Have folks queue up in front of a fixed microphone?

This was what I was actually thinking.  I've seen this done at academic
conferences (e.g., Usenix Security), and it works pretty well.

It does have the downside that people in the middle of each row have a
harder time getting to a mic, but since people usually know for which
talks they'll have questions, it seems to work okay in practice.

Also note that it's probably hard for speakers to hear questions as well.

-- John T.