[LLVMdev] Links for basic operations

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Sun Nov 13 22:15:37 PST 2011

On 11/13/2011 11:29 PM, Adarsh HV wrote:
> Hi everyone. Can someone please post link to the documentation that
> contains details about performing basic operations like adding a new
> function, identifying operands of an instruction,deleting an
> instruction etc.

The LLVM Programmer's guide might be a
start:http://llvm.org/docs/ProgrammersManual.html.

The doxygen docs (http://llvm.org/doxygen/inherits.html) are invaluable
for looking up stuff.  In many cases, you just look up the class for the
type of object you want (e.g., llvm::Function, llvm::Instruction, etc.).

For creating instructions, I think the IRBuilder class
(http://llvm.org/doxygen/classllvm_1_1IRBuilder.html) is the officially
recommended way to add instructions now.

-- John T.