[LLVMdev] Alternate instruction sequences

Carlo Alberto Ferraris cafxx at strayorange.com
Fri Nov 11 00:43:05 PST 2011

On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 06:43:15 -0600, Hal Finkel wrote:
> As there is apparently interest, I think
> that we should strongly consider added an "alternatives" feature (on
> the
> block and/or function level) to the LLVM IR in order to facilitate
> implementing this kind of approach.

Probably adding an explicit mechanism will be met with considerable
resistence because it involves modifying the IR. That's why I was
proposing to sidestep the issue by leveraging what the IR already
provides.
Unfortunately I haven't heard any suggestion/feedback about the
proposed syntax. Should I interpret this lack of comments as an
indication of it being a good solution or what? Can I go ahead and make
a patch for the docs to formalize the idea?
B.r.
Carlo Alberto