[LLVMdev] VS2005 compatibility

Aaron Ballman aaron at aaronballman.com
Tue Nov 8 06:48:13 PST 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 8:42 AM, Don Williamson <don.williamson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Francois,
>
> I haveĀ allĀ licensed versions of VS at my disposal (the benefits of being a former MS employee) but I'm currently using VS2005 due to specific technical reasons that I can't disclose.
>
> The "Getting Started" page states support of 2005 SP1 which, if it's not being maintained, is not true and should be updated.

I don't know about VS support being deprecated, but I'm more curious
as to what the issue is since you're using the latest Windows SDK.
That code should compile only for Vista+ SDKs, and should fallback on
the old critical section code for XP and lower.  There's nothing
compiler specific about it -- just platform SDK specific.  At least,
that was the intent.

~Aaron