[LLVMdev] JIT should query host info at runtime - Re: buildbot failure in LLVM on llvm-gcc-build-x86_64-darwin10-x-mingw32-x-armeabi

Sebastian Pop spop at codeaurora.org
Fri Nov 4 15:41:05 PDT 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Daniel Dunbar <daniel at zuster.org> wrote:
> I actually tend to agree with spop, it's cleaner to compute things at
> runtime than at compile time. One particular reason is wanting to pick
> the best target CPU for the current arch (which may not be what was
> compiled for).

Right.  If we query the host info at JIT compile time, we would get the
best info to select the native mode.  It is impossible to get to this precise
info about the host at configure time.

> The current JIT target selection logic is really gross, I do believe
> that it tried to do this, but it probably needs some spring cleaning.
> Sebastian, can you try and take a look? We don't want to regress on
> these tests, at least.

Yes, I will also take a look at this.

Sebastian
--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc is a member of Code Aurora Forum