[LLVMdev] flow sensitive context sensitive pointer analysis

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Wed Nov 2 16:14:10 PDT 2011

On 11/2/11 6:02 PM, Baishakhi Ray wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering, is there any code available on LLVM for flow
> sensitive context sensitive (fscs) pointer analysis?

There is not such an analysis either in LLVM or in any of its "official"
subprojects as far as I know.  The closest is DSA, which is field
sensitive, context sensitive but unification-based and flow insensitive
(although SSA form buys you some limited flow sensitivity).  DSA should
work (with varying quality of its results) with LLVM 2.7 and the
upcoming LLVM 3.0.

You might try the analyses written by Ben Hardekopf at
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~benh/downloads.html.  He's written some flow
sensitive pointer analyses for LLVM, and it looks like he's made some of
that code publicly available now.  I don't know with what version of
LLVM that code works.

-- John T.