[LLVMdev] Contributing new backend to LLVM

Tony Linthicum tlinth at codeaurora.org
Tue Nov 1 11:44:53 PDT 2011

Hello all,

We would like to contribute a new backend for Qualcomm's Hexagon
processor.  We will actively maintain the port once it is accepted.
Hexagon is a VLIW core that is used principally in modem and low power
audio applications in Qualcomm's chip sets.

We have a patch for both llvm and for clang.  As this is a new port,
these patches are quite large (approximately 26k and 3k lines,
respectively).  Most of the patches consist of, quite naturally, new
files.  I have looked for guidelines for submitting a new backend, but
have not found anything.  Is there anything of that nature?  If not, my
plan is to simply submit the two patches.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Tony Linthicum

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum.