[LLVMdev] LLVM evaluation

Frank Isamov frank.isamov at gmail.com
Tue May 24 06:29:39 PDT 2011

Hi,

My organization is doing a technology comparison between GCC
optimization/backend and LLVM infrastructures to select the best
environment for our next product. Would you please help me to find
answers on the following features’ list support availability inside
current (or near future) LLVM implementation:

1.	Intrinsic function support
2.	Semi-standard embedded C types (complex, fractional) support
3.	Target specific built-in types support (like 48-bit integrals)
4.	Types similar to GCC vectorization types
5.	Overlapped register classes support (same instructions, but working
inside different execution units on separate registers set)
6.	Peephole optimization that works on non-sequential instructions (in
contrast to GCC’s peephole)
7.	Parallelism (explicit instruction bundling) for VLIW architectures
8.	Delay slots support
9.	Software pipelining
10.	Quality of alias analysis
11.	Registers renaming optimization
12.	Speculative scheduling

It will be very helpful if you can help to find examples and/or
targets that can be served as references for each particular item.

Thank you,
Frank