[LLVMdev] Fwd: No SSE instructions

Reid Kleckner reid.kleckner at gmail.com
Sun May 22 11:17:41 PDT 2011

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Serg Anohovsky
<serg.anohovsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is should be optimized, but LLVM have not optimized this program. The
> questions
> were not about this specific example. I wont to understand, what vector
> optimizations LLVM have?
> How well implemented this theme in LLVM?

When asking this type of question, you should be specific about how
you built the program, ie did you use clang, llvm-gcc, or dragonegg,
and which options did you use.  From your message, I can't tell if you
built at O0 or O3.

In this case, no, LLVM does not have any auto-vectorization
optimizations.  However, LLVM does have good support for vector
intrinsics, so if you use xmmintrin.h you should be able to get good
performance.

Reid