[LLVMdev] x86 cross compiler for ppc fails to build

陳韋任 chenwj at iis.sinica.edu.tw
Thu May 19 18:39:13 PDT 2011

Hi, Maarten

> Can I conclude from this that indeed llvm-gcc for powerpc-linux is broken?
> Is anyone maintaining llvm-gcc for powerpc-linux or is it abandoned?

  IIRC, llvm-gcc can be built successfully on a Linux/PowerPC machine.
Here was my configuration,

$ ../llvm-gcc-4.2-2.8.source/configure --prefix=/path/to/install
--program-prefix=llvm- --enable-llvm=/path/to/install
--enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-bootstrap --disable-libmudflap
--disable-multilib --disable-libgomp
$ make install

  HTH. :-)

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,