[LLVMdev] building Polly on Ubuntu

Tobias Grosser tobias at grosser.es
Fri May 13 14:08:47 PDT 2011

On 05/13/2011 01:29 AM, MORIYAMA Tomohiro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build Polly on Ubuntu11.04 on Windows XP via VMWare,
> according to the Polly wiki(now moved).
>
> I succeeded last month, but now it fails at "make".
> Please tell me what is wrong.

Hi Tomohiro,

cool that you are looking into Polly. Lets see if we can get it working. ;)

> Here is the corresponding log.
>
> [ 67%] Built target count
> Scanning dependencies of target not
> [ 67%] Building CXX object utils/not/CMakeFiles/not.dir/not.cpp.o
> Linking CXX executable ../../bin/not
> [ 67%] Built target not
> Scanning dependencies of target PollyJSON
> [ 67%] Building CXX object
> tools/polly/lib/JSON/CMakeFiles/PollyJSON.dir/json_reader.cpp.o
> /home/tomohiro/llvm/tools/polly/lib/JSON/json_reader.cpp: In function
> ‘std::istream&  Json::operator>>(std::istream&, Json::Value&)’:
> /home/tomohiro/llvm/tools/polly/lib/JSON/json_reader.cpp:880:72: error:
> exception handling disabled, use -fexceptions to enable
> make[2]: ***
> [tools/polly/lib/JSON/CMakeFiles/PollyJSON.dir/json_reader.cpp.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [tools/polly/lib/JSON/CMakeFiles/PollyJSON.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2

The problem here is that LLVM is compiled by default without exceptions,
however the version of Polly that you have includes a JSON library were
that uses exceptions.

This conflict was introduced by a recent update of our JSON library and
should have been solved by the following two commits: