[LLVMdev] [Patch] Let MC/ELF generate Thumb/Thumb-2 are properly

Rafael Avila de Espindola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Fri May 13 07:02:33 PDT 2011

On 11-05-13 08:15 AM, Renato Golin wrote:
> On 13 May 2011 12:16, Koan-Sin Tan<koansin.tan at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>   The result of running 'llvm-lit $LLVM/TEST/MC" is:
>> Expected Passes : 330
>> Expected Failures : 20
>>   Actually it passed "make check", no unexpected result.
>
> Try make check-all, it runs more tests...
>
> Still, I think someone more in line with MC/ELF should have a look at
> the patch. Rafael? Jason?

When we first started adding arm we decided to make it work first and
refactor it afterwards since none of us was sure how much sharing there
could be. Given that, it is inevitable that some changes will be to the
common code for now.

The patch doesn't violate any of the designs decisions of MC, so I am OK
with it if you add a test. Ideally it should be a .s -> .o test, but if
you need to test something that is not yet handled by the ARM parser,
then it is ok to have a .ll -> .o test, but add a FIXME to it.

> cheers,
> --renato

Cheers,
Rafael