[LLVMdev] [ptx] Propose a register class naming convention change

Dan Bailey drb at dneg.com
Fri May 13 02:11:55 PDT 2011

That's fine with me. Unless there's a particular reason for it I would
suggest perhaps changing the immediate syntax as well to swap it round,
so it would be Immi32, Immi64, Immf32, etc. It doesn't bother me that
much the way it currently is, but when there are lots of operations
taking a register and an immediate, representing them in the same way
might be a little more consistent?

Personally, I think I also might prefer an underscore to make it more
readable for new users (Reg_u32, Reg_pred, Imm_i32, Imm_f32, etc).
That's maybe just my own preference, so feel free to do it as you've
suggested!

Dan