[LLVMdev] llvm-config and clang

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Wed May 11 19:18:58 PDT 2011

My CMakeLists.txt depends heavily on llvm-config to provide command-line
parameters for compiling my project. However, I'm curious to know whether
the output of "llvm-config --cppflags" is intended for consumption by gcc or
clang. I'm guessing the answer is "both", since clang provides support for
gcc-compatible command args.

However, I'm wondering whether it would make sense to have an additional
--clang argument to llvm-config that would tell it to generate command-line
args optimized for clang - omitting arguments that were no-ops, and adding
additional clang-specific arguments, assuming that there are any that would
be beneficial when compiling programs that link against the LLVM libs.

--
-- Talin