[LLVMdev] How to Cross compile llvm to ARM ?

Jason Kim jasonwkim at google.com
Wed May 11 10:53:44 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 8:31 PM, 陳韋任 <chenwj at iis.sinica.edu.tw> wrote:
> Hi, Jason
>
>  I guess Poki want to build LLVM for ARM and use LLVM library to
> do something, not just using LLVM to compile ARM binary.

Setting up a cross compile system is always more complicated than
compiling natively.
It is possible to do so (we do it here locally for PNaCl project, for
example, going from X86 to ARM),
but it requires setup for things like llvm-gcc, the target libc and
other target libraries you are linking against...
not to mention a cross compiling binutils, and its irritating to get "right"

It might be easiest to buy a cheap ARM box and compile natively using ARM gcc...

-jason