[LLVMdev] Memory Subsystem Representation

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Fri May 6 14:31:47 PDT 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 3:27 PM, David A. Greene wrote:

>> This sounds like an interesting addition, but we don't just
>> speculatively add analysis passes to LLVM.
>
> Well, we do have such an analysis pass.  I simply can't make it public.
> My plan was to provide the information we use today and leave
> enhancements to others as they are needed.

The point of having a client is so that it will drive the design of this pass.  Coupled with peer review on llvm-commits, this ensures that we build things at the right level of abstraction etc.  Skipping parts of the process (peer review, driving implementation based on need, etc) doesn't make sense.

-Chris