[LLVMdev] Enable soft-float

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Thu Mar 31 18:47:55 PDT 2011

On 3/31/11 8:39 PM, Xun Li wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am working on a custom defined architecture which implements Sparc
> ISA but without floating point instructions.
> I have two questions regarding using LLVM:
> 1. How to enable soft-float when building llvm-gcc?

There might be an option when configuring llvm-gcc.  Check the GCC docs
to see if such an option exists.  Maybe someone who has used LLVM on
Sparc recently can comment.

> 2. How to let llvm-gcc generate native code (binaries) for Sparc? Do I
> have to compile glibc or newlib for Sparc and link with it together?
> I am kinda confused so it would be great if anyone could offer some help.

llvm-gcc assumes that there's already a native code C library available
to use.  All the systems of which I know already come with a C library.
If you somehow don't have a C library for your system, you'll have to
compile one.

-- John T.