[LLVMdev] [GSoC] Interface layer for optimizers

Tobias Grosser grosser at fim.uni-passau.de
Fri Mar 25 15:03:54 PDT 2011

On 03/25/2011 05:44 PM, Vlad Krylov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Guys, sorry for delay, I thinked about things, overlooked LLVM project
> in search of a suitable case.
>
> I have noticed that at this time in LLVM you actively implement the
> possibility of automatic parallelization. I am interested in this
> direction and I would like participate in a project Polly as my GSoC
> project.
>
> I have looked over todo list [1]. I really want to implement "Increase
> the coverage of Polly". Folks, is anyone interested mentoring this
> tasks for me?
Sure, I am interested in (co-)mentoring Polly (or vim/clang_complete)
related work, in case your project gets accepted.

> I have some practical experience in parallel programming with MPI,
> OpenMP, participated at university autoparallezation research. So this
> work is linked with my activity and I believe I can handle it.
Great. This should help you quite a bit with your application.

Please keep in mind that the ideas list gives just a small idea of what
is needed. For a good application you should investigate yourself,
describe the problem and develop a plan of how to solve it. Feel free to
ask, if you need any help.

Cheers
Tobi