[LLVMdev] Parallelization

raghesh raghesh.a at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 23:45:55 PDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Nipun Arora <nipun2512 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am looking into something similar as well for auto-parallelization i.e.
> some sort of low level support at the IR level for parallelization.
> I'd be interested in collaborating with anyone who is working on the same.
> From a brief look at the architectural overview of Polly, it seems as if the
> parallel code generation is being done at the IR level since the input file
> is an LLVM IR file?
> Would it be possible to re-utilize that functionality for building something
> to this end?

Adding to Tobias' comments following is what Polly with OpenMP support does.

If Polly detects two statements(preferably for loops) can be
parallelized it will generate the required GOMP calls automatically.
As of now the interface is not designed in a such a way that it can be
reused.

If we find that designing such OpenMP intrinsics is useful for people
we can think about that.

Regards,
--
Raghesh