[LLVMdev] Operating on contents of virtual registers

Ashay Rane ashay.rane at tacc.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 16 22:44:36 PDT 2011

Thanks Eli, that worked!

For the record, I had to make one change though. I had to bitcast to i32*
(instead of i8*) otherwise I was seeing errors like:
Instruction referencing instruction not embedded in a basic block!
  %retval = alloca i32
  <badref> = bitcast i32* %retval to i8*

and sometimes:
Instruction does not dominate all uses!

That makes me curious to ask, what does the choice of i32 or i8 depend on?
Is it the architecture?

Ashay