[LLVMdev] LLVM Register allocation

Vijayaraghavan Murali m.vijay at nus.edu.sg
Tue Mar 15 07:48:37 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm relatively a newcomer to this forum and LLVM. I wish to do the
following:

1) play with LLVM's register allocation without any other optimizations
performed, such as inlining. This is because I'm trying to observe the
effects of our path-sensitive tool on register allocation but other
optimizations could influence the results. In other words, I would like
to perform register allocation with -O0, if that's possible.

2) view the results of register allocation. That is, the mapping of
variables to physical registers. I'm comfortable with reading dwarf
information. For eg, using gcc I would do: gcc -c -g hello.c ; dwarfdump
hello.o

Kindly guide me in performing the above steps. If they are not possible,
is there any workaround?

Thank you!

-----
Vijayaraghavan Murali