[LLVMdev] How to choose targets to build in CMake?

Dongrui She sarevokcc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 02:34:22 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I understand from the document that I should be able to configure llvm with
only specific targets
by passing -DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=some-backend to cmake.

However, I get the following errors whenever I don't include X86 in the
target list:

CMake Error at cmake/modules/LLVMConfig.cmake:127 (message):
  Library `X86' not found in list of llvm libraries.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/LLVMConfig.cmake:47 (explicit_map_components_to_libraries)
  cmake/modules/LLVMConfig.cmake:40 (explicit_llvm_config)
  cmake/modules/AddLLVM.cmake:82 (llvm_config)
  cmake/modules/AddLLVM.cmake:114 (add_llvm_executable)
  examples/Kaleidoscope/Chapter4/CMakeLists.txt:3 (add_llvm_example)

When I try the autotools, I can get what I want by running configure with
--enable-targets=some-backend

Any ideas? I use cmake 2.8.0 on a fedora 10 i686 and I check out llvm from
the svn repository.

--

Regards,

Dongrui