[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] GIT mirrors

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 12:07:50 PDT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info
> wrote:

> Hello Justin,
>
> > What am I missing here?  Should the new layout affect the git workflow?
> No. Stuff was just added. Trunk is still available as "master" as before.

Alright, figured it out.  Thanks to Tobias for the git insight!

The previous way I was using the git-svn bridge was to pull from
refs/remotes/git-svn (learned from an older post on the list).  However,
git-svn does not appear to be a valid, up-to-date ref anymore.  It only
pulls history through March 10, which I assume is the around the time the
layout change occurred.  The fix is to have git-svn read from
refs/remotes/origin/master instead of relying on refs/remotes/git-svn.  Now
it works great!

So, instead of:
git config --add remote.origin.fetch
'+refs/remotes/git-svn:refs/remotes/git-svn'

I needed:
git config svn-remote.svn.fetch ":refs/remotes/origin/master"

Hopefully this will be helpful to others.

--

Thanks,

Justin Holewinski