[LLVMdev] _Unwind_Exception and _Unwind_Resume

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 11:01:15 PST 2011

Here's an interesting problem - is it legal to copy the _Unwind_Exception
struct to a different address in memory before calling _Unwind_Resume?

I'm thinking of the scenario in which a garbage collection run is triggered
in the middle of a "finally" block. If it's a copying collector, it might
relocate the exception object, which has the _Unwind_Exception structure
embedded in the middle of it. I don't see why this wouldn't work, but I
thought I'd ask around to be sure.

--
-- Talin