[LLVMdev] Error when loading libraries using 'opt -load' command

Sandeep 2sandeepchandran at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 23:08:05 PST 2011

Hi,

    I have managed to install LLVM on my system following the documentation
given on the site. But I am facing issues when trying to run some of the
example transforms which are distributed as part of the installation.

Below is the error message :

*Error opening '/home/sandy/llvm/src/Debug/lib/LLVMHello.so':
/home/sandy/llvm/src/Debug/lib/LLVMHello.so: undefined symbol:
_ZNK4llvm12FunctionPass17createPrinterPassERNS_11raw_ostreamERKSs*
*  -load request ignored.
opt: Unknown command line argument '-Hello'.  Try: 'opt -help'*

I get the same error message when I try to load any of the generated shared
objects (*FunctionPass* in the error message becomes *ModulePass* as is
defined in the code).
I have tried installing llvm multiple times but it has not helped.

Please help me fix this.

Regards,
Sandeep