[LLVMdev] LLVM teaching materials

Christian Plessl christian.plessl at uni-paderborn.de
Tue Mar 1 00:52:24 PST 2011

Hi Tobi

On 28.02.2011, at 15:44, Tobias Grosser wrote:

> On 02/28/2011 05:27 AM, Christian Plessl wrote:
>> Does anybody know of good teaching materials on LLVM? For example, a basic compiler course that use LLVM as a example? I searched the web a bit but didn't find anything suitable.
>
> I put some slides I used on my webpage.
>
> http://www.grosser.es
>
> You can use them. However, they are just a bunch and only about specific
> topics. No general compiler introduction. Furthermore, we did have a lot
> of interactive discussions, so without having attended the class they
> may be difficult to understand.

Thanks for sharing these slides. Though not exactly what I was looking for it is a good inspiration for my own slides.

> It would be great to create a svn branch to share slides for such a course.

I fully agree. Such slides would be useful for teaching LLVM to other but also for people that want to learn LLVM themselves. Recently AMD has published teaching materials for OpenCL (http://developer.amd.com/zones/openclzone/universities/pages/default.aspx). I think something similar for LLVM would be very helpful.

Cheers,
 Christian