[LLVMdev] HOWTO use llvm lit tool

Andrew Trick atrick at apple.com
Thu Jun 30 09:47:03 PDT 2011

On Jun 28, 2011, at 5:38 PM, Yabin Hu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anybody give a tutorial about how to use llvm-lit tool?
>
> I copy and revise Makefile and lit.cfg etc from clang to my project. However, when I run make test it always seem unable to find the FileCheck tool correctly.

Use llvm-lit --debug to see which config files are loaded.

In the clang/llvm trees, lit.cfg is loaded from lit.site.cfg, which is Makefile-generated with this line
config.llvm_tools_dir=...

(I sometimes change that line manually to test different builds--currently a pain).

Make sure the FileCheck too live there.

If not, you might try "llvm-lit --path=... "

-Andy