[LLVMdev] Recommended GCC version for ARM/Linux platform for LLVM compilation.

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Mon Jun 27 04:10:09 PDT 2011

On 06/27/11 12:46 PM, Renato Golin wrote:
> On 26 June 2011 10:16, Karel Gardas<karel.gardas at centrum.cz>  wrote:
>> So I'm curious what's *the* recommended compiler on this platform which
>> LLVM development is using?
>
> Hi Karel,
>
> I'm not sure what test cases you're talking about, but we use
> CodeSourcery's GCC and binutils (latests, not stable, because of new
> core support) and it works a treat.
>
> You can freely download it from their website.
>
> cheers,
> --renato

Hi Renato,

I'm not sure if this is not misunderstanding. As far as I know,
CodeSourcery provides cross-compilers for ARM platforms and not native
compilers. In my case I'm talking about native compiler running on
Cortex-A9 (PandaBoard) and compiling LLVM directly on PandaBoard...

The test cases I'm talking about are those which are directly packed in
LLVM (test subdirectory) so you compile LLVM and then just invoke `make
check' to test the build ...

Thanks,
Karel