[LLVMdev] Can LLVM jitter emit the native code in continuous memory addresses ?

Mohammed Ag admirer4 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 04:21:14 PDT 2011

   **

I have question relating to LLVM Jitter: Can i obligue the LLVM Jitter to
emit the native code in continuous memory addresses ? and to be PIC ? what i
want to do is to move the JIT code to another process in order to execute
it, my approach is to save the JIT code in buffer i will save it to file and
pass it to the execution process.

what i mean by "load" is to simply read the bits from file into buffer i
don't want to generate elf or something like this.

Here's an example: suppose i have C source file which contain:

Global variables
----------------
Function Foo()
----------------
Function Too()

when i request the JIT code i want the JIT to be in continuous memory
addresses (with 4-bytes aligment):

0x100: Global Vars (take 16 Byte)
0x110: Foo() Code (take 32 Byte)
0x130: Too() Code (take 32 Byte)
0x150: end.

So i can save the JIT code (form 0x100 -> 0x150) and i can load it in
the execution process in any virtual address,
assume (0x300 -> 0x350) and execute it by jump to the ep.