[LLVMdev] Recommended GCC version for ARM/Linux platform for LLVM compilation.

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Sun Jun 26 02:16:56 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to find myself, but anyway, I'm curious what's the
recommended GNU C++ version for LLVM compilation on ARM/Linux platform?
I'm using various version of Ubuntu and so far the best compiler I found
was 4.4.1 (Ubuntu 4.4.1-4ubuntu9)[1]. With this and with just -O1 as
optimize option I've been able to get to 1 failing testcase. Other
tested were 4.4.3 and 4.5.2 and with default -O3 I'm on about 100 (4.5.2
being the worst compiler here) of failing testcases (those compilers
generates thumb by default) and with "-marm -O1" as optimize option I'm
on 28 (4.5.2) and 18 (4.4.3) failing testcases. (-marm being better than
-mthumb) (also here[2])

So I'm curious what's *the* recommended compiler on this platform which
LLVM development is using?

Thanks!
Karel
[1]: http://ghcarm.wordpress.com/2011/06/18/llvm-on-arm/