[LLVMdev] AsmPrinter directory

ankur deshwal a.s.deshwal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 18:41:40 PDT 2011

Hi,

While trying to debug a linking problem related to AsmPrinter, I found
following lines in {srcdir}/configure file.

  if test -f ${srcdir}/lib/Target/${target_to_build}/*AsmPrinter.cpp ; then
    LLVM_ENUM_ASM_PRINTERS="LLVM_ASM_PRINTER($target_to_build)
$LLVM_ENUM_ASM_PRINTERS";

It looks like the AsmPrinters are enumerated only if *AsmPrinter.cpp
file is present in {srcdir}/lib/Target/${target_to_build}

Does this means that making a separate directory for AsmPrinter is no
more supported. I saw other architectures have also moved the files
from ${target_to_build}AsmPrinter/ to ${target_to_build}.

Thanks,
Ankur