[LLVMdev] ARM support status (GHC/ARM new calling convention)

Karel Gardas karel.gardas at centrum.cz
Fri Jun 17 13:31:03 PDT 2011

John,

I've moved with patches to HEAD and unfortunately the comments about
disabling tailcalls do not go away with this update. Please see
ARMTargetLowering::LowerCall in lib/Target/ARM/ARMISelLowering.cpp line
1208 and later. It looks like man can use -arm-tail-calls, but one never
knows how good it is since the comment tells it clearly:

// Temporarily disable tail calls so things don't break.

so I would like to ask what's the status of tailcalls in LLVM on ARM
platform?

Thanks a lot!
Karel