[LLVMdev] "Splitting" live values

Carlo Alberto Ferraris cafxx at strayorange.com
Wed Jun 15 00:41:36 PDT 2011

 From the fact that nobody is replying I guess there's no easy way to do
what I asked.
Can you just confirm then that the following is a meaningful way to do it?

    * D_b <- set of dominators of BB b
    * S_b <- set containing b and its successors (optional)
    * VD_b <- set of the values defined in D_b
    * VS_b <- set of the values with uses in S_b (optional)
    * LV_b <- VD_b ∩ VS_b, i.e. the live values (optional, otherwise
      LV_b = VD_b)
    * create the value mapping LV_b -> LV'_b
    * apply the mapping to the uses in VS_b

the points marked (optional) are needed only if we don't want an
overapproximation of the set of live values. To keep things simple,
let's assume that b has a single predecessor.
Is this correct? Any flaws?

Carlo Alberto Ferraris <cafxx at strayorange.com
<mailto:cafxx at strayorange.com>>
website/blog <http://cafxx.strayorange.com> - +39 333 7643 235