[LLVMdev] Thinking about "whacky" backends

Samuel Crow samuraileumas at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 16:56:11 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----

Thanks Dave,

A little bit of Google reveals a wikipedia article:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architecture_Neutral_Distribution_Format that links to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TenDRA_Distribution_Format which has its specification listed at http://docs.tendra.org/reference/xhtml/guide which speaks in lofty abstract language terms and doesn't appear to be a binary representation of code.  I'm not sure if any of this actually helps us considering that LLVM already has mechanisms for most of these functions.

Here we go again,

--Sam