[LLVMdev] symbol not found (running passes by tools)

Andreas Wilhelm andreas.wilhelm at gmx.com
Thu Jun 2 06:37:10 PDT 2011

Hi All,
I'd like to call some passes by an executable in the tools directory of my project.
Unfortunately I get following error messages on executing the tool:

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: __ZN4llvm9Statistic17RegisterStatisticEv and
dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN4llvm9Statistic17RegisterStatisticEv

This is because of the STATISTIC macro in one of the passes. If I comment the macro-call everything
works fine. So do you know how to tell the linker where it can find the RegisterStatistic function?

Thanks
Andreas