[LLVMdev] MachineSink and EFLAGS

Galanov, Sergey sergey.galanov at intel.com
Thu Jun 2 03:53:24 PDT 2011

Hi Bill.

Thank you very much! Now I see my understanding was incorrect :) A dependence from a single physreg-defining instruction (like CMP or TEST) is allowed to be shared in several instructions unless that register is not clobbered (and this is what we have with CMOV_FR64). Wouldn't it be safe then to not set the live-in flag in EmitLoweredSelect for instructions which are marked as defining EFLAGS (like the integer pseudo cmovs)?

Thanks,
Sergey