[LLVMdev] "Cannot select" error in 2.9

Gregory Junker gjunker at dayark.com
Sat Jul 30 14:26:58 PDT 2011

OK bugpoint was simple enough to figure out -- it tells me

bugpoint: test.ll:2:12: error: invalid operand type for instruction

  %1 = add double %f0, %f1

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me -- LLVM can't add doubles? For
completeness, the original assembly dump:

define double @0(double %f0, double %f1, double %f2, double %f3, double %f4,
double %f5, double %f6, double %f7, double %f8, double %f9) {
  %1 = add double %f0, %f1
  %2 = add double %1, %f2
  %3 = add double %2, %f3
  %4 = add double %3, %f4